Saturday 22 March 2014

Robby Cavanaugh

Dissension of Pyre
Robby Cavanaugh is a well known self taught photographer who is based in Southern California. Cavanaugh strives to create work that transcend the reality we all see, to a reality we can all feel. Cavanaugh's vision for his photography lies on the edge of dreams, where the surreal meets material. Cavanaugh has said that "Photography is a beautiful expression of art and a gateway to the soul." 

Cavanaugh's journey began when he got a job at a local photography studio. Once he started, Cavanaugh found out his true potential and decided to buy his own digital camera. Cavanaugh has created amazing photographs and has made them into what one may perceive as imaginary, but Cavanaugh sees as realities in all of us. He said that "It is my goal to transcend the reality we all see, to the reality we all feel."

All of Cavanaugh's photographs have a purpose, a reason for being. They are extensions of who Cavanaugh is and how he interprets the world we all live in. Cavanaugh said "I tend to create work that resolves conflicts within myself, whether escaping to a world anew, breaking from the norm, or transcending the artificial limits I place upon myself. No matter how impossible a concept may seem, I never let it limit my ability to express the story I need to tell. "If you can think it, it can be done" I use that ideology as a basis for all of my work."
I believe that Cavanaugh has captured his concept in his work. As these images will show.

The Tangled Flight

















Never Could Sleep










Spontaneous Combustion

























However, Cavanaugh doesn't just create Fine Art photography. Cavanaugh is also a Wedding photographer. He said "I felt a deep desire to expand my knowledge and was intrigued by wedding photography. There is something very special about weddings. Not one is the same and each has it's very own unique feel. If I had any goals with wedding photography it is just one, to create beautiful images"  Which I believe Cavanaugh has achieved.


 








If you want to check out more of his work or even get in contact with Cavanaugh, here is his website. http://www.robbycavanaugh.com/







Posted By Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment