Saturday 26 April 2014

Felicity Rogers

Felicity Rogers

"Through my artwork I aim to capture a world of dreams and illusions"




Since the first time rogers picked up a camera in 1996, her interest in photography has evolved from the Darkroom to Digital Imaging and 3D Computer Animation. Through photography she discovered her passion for Surrealism. 

Roger says; "Playing on the notion that "the camera tells no lies", I experimented with the medium creating imaginary scenes. My background as a Magician also helped influence my style. Often I would incorporate visual illusions within my images by constructing little "stage sets" to photograph and blending negatives under the enlarger".

In February 2000 she went from using the Darkroom to using the Computer. Rogers believe that by using computer technology has "enhanced the overall look of my images and allows me to build up a scene as I work". She currently use an Olympus C-4040 Digital Camera, with 4.1 mega pixels. Each image is made up from about 5-10 photos and combined together in the computer using Adobe Photoshop.

Rogers says that her approach to photography is more "like a painter who starts with a blank canvas". A large part of the time she spends is used to visualise the image that she wishes to create. Rogers says; "Some concepts come to me as complete images in my imagination. Others are inspired by an interesting object I find, which I then build a picture around. For me, constructing a scene that doesn't exist is more of a creative challenge than recording just what the camera sees.
Often when I imagine a concept for a photograph I picture it fully animated. In the past I have created a number of photographic sequences as a way to tell a story and express what I am seeing. Naturally this led to an interest in 3D Computer Animation. Currently I am working on a short animated film that will bring a lot of my photographs to life".

She prefers that people create their own interpretation of the images, or "simply enjoy them as a visual medium". As an artist, she believes in capturing those elusive images that "dreams are made of". she's says; "My photography is very much about exploring the imagination. I hope that my images inspire others to seek out their own "Dreamscapes".


Post by Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment